When using the Website or availing of services related to the Website, personal information will be collected from you by Google Analytics and by Valeo. This includes information about:
· Your device browser including your IP address and other information derived from cookies used on the Website. Please see our Cookies Notice for further information.
· Details of your visits to the Website such as traffic data, location data and the resources, advertisements and Linked Websites that you access through the Website.
· You may choose to give us additional information such as your name, contact details (which may include address, email address, user name, telephone number), gender, user generated content, posts and any other personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us or submitting enquiries through the Website by e-mailing email@example.com.
· If you choose to provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this correspondence for as long as is necessary to deal with this query (please see our section on How Long We Keep Your Data For for further information).
· You may choose to give us additional information such as your name, gender, address, email address, university education, professional qualifications, previous employment and other details when applying for vacancies advertised on the Website by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
· If you provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this information for as long as is necessary to deal with your application (please see our section on How Long We Keep Your Personal Data For , for further information.
LEGAL BASES & PURPOSES
Personal Data Processed
Access to the Website
· To provide you with access to the Website and to allow you to use the Website.
It is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to collect and process these Personal Data for the purposes of improving and monitoring website efficiency and enhancing your use of the Website.
It is also necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to process your Personal Data to
eespond to any queries or requests submitted by you regarding the Website or to process and respond to CVs and/or job applications submitted by you to Valeo.
Improving Website Functionality & Efficiency
· To provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of the Website
· To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic data and demographic patterns
· To ensure the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Responding to Queries
· To process and respond to any enquiries or requests you submit to us by emailing email@example.com.
· To seek your views on the Website and our services.
· To provide you with information on services offered by us, our partners or our advertisers which may be of interest to you.
Responding to Job Applications
Personal Data Disclosed
Prospective Sellers of Buyers of Business Assets
It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate Interests to transfer your Personal Data in circumstances where Valeo (or substantially all of Valeo’s assets) are acquired by a third party. This third party will be bound by this Statement and will be subject to the same data protection obligations as Valeo.
· To facilitate the acquisition of Valeo by a third party.
· To facilitate the acquisition of a significant portion or substantially all of Valeo’s assets by a third party
Third Party Companies
It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests for us to transfer your data to third party companies if you enter into a competition on the Website.
· To contact you in relation to competitions advertised on the Website that have been entered into by you including, in particular, if you are successful in any competitions or if you submit queries in relation to the competitions.
Regulatory Authorities, Law Enforcement Agencies, Public Bodies and Third Party Companies
It is necessary for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations for us to transfer your Personal Data to these recipients in certain circumstances.
· To comply with any applicable legal obligation, court order, summons, search warrants, or any other legal or regulatory obligation or request to which Valeo is subject.
· To protect the rights, property or safety of Valeo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Regulatory Authorities, Law Enforcement Agencies, Public Bodies and Third Party Companies
In general, we expect to keep your Personal Data for the following periods
Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
Data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained. Some Data that is not otherwise subject to retention for normal reasons may need to be retained because of circumstances such as litigation or government investigation.
CV information will be retained for a for maximum period of 3 years however the data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the primary purpose for which it was obtained.
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your data.
Right to be Informed
· You have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed by us, how we use your Personal Data and your rights in relation to your Personal Data.
Right of Access
· You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us about you and to access the following information in relation to the processing of your Personal Data:
(1) the purposes of processing;
(2) the categories of Personal Data concerned;
(3) the recipients of your Personal Data;
(4) the period for which your Personal Data will be stored;
(5) the existence of your right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner; and
(6) the source of your Personal Data;
· We will only charge you for making such an access request where we feel your request is unjustified or excessive.
Right to Rectification
· You have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate Personal Data that we have about you.
Right to Erasure
· You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data where:
(1) it is no longer necessary to perform the contract;
(2) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis permitting us to process your Personal Data;
(3) you object to the processing and we have no overriding legitimate grounds;
(4) your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; or
(5) it must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
· Please note that some of your Personal Data may be required in order for the Website to function properly.
Right to Restriction of Processing
· You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in the following situations:
(1) where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data;
(2) where the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your Personal Data;
(3) where we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of processing but you require the data in relation to a legal claim; or
(4) where you have objected to us processing your Personal Data pending the verification as to whether or not our legitimate interests override your interests or in connection with legal proceedings.
· When you exercise this right we may only store your Personal Data.
· We may not further process the data unless you consent or the processing is necessary in relation to a legal claim or to protect the rights of another person or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
· Please note that it be may necessary for us to process some of your Personal Data in order to provide the Website services and in certain instances where you ask us not to process your Personal Data you may not be able to use the Website.
· We will inform you before the processing restriction is lifted.
Right to Data Portability
· You may request us to provide you with your Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
· This right only arises where:
(1) we process your Personal Data on the legal bases of your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you; and
(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object
· You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.
Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making, including Profiling
· You have a right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
· We may not be able to comply with this request where the processing is necessary to enter or perform our contract with you or where you explicitly consent to this. However, you are entitled to have a person from our team to review the decision so that you can query it and set out your point of view to us.
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
+353 57 868 4800
+353 761 104 800
1890 25 22 31
+353 57 868 4757
for recipes and updates fresh from the oven to your inbox