- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Line a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms/ 11" x 7" approx with greaseproof paper.
- Mix oats and sugar in a bowl. Add the melted butter or margarine and mix until all Ingredients are moistened. Transfer to prepared tin and spread out evenly, then press down well.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, put the egg whites into a clean dry bowl. Add a pinch of salt and stiffly beat.
- Gently fold in remaining Ingredients.
- Pour filling over the partially baked base and bake for a further 20 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar. Cut into bars!
Like flapjacks, with a tangy lemon twist