- In a large bowl put the Shamrock pecans, cherries, sultanas, raisins and mixed peel. Mix well.
- Add the orange juice, mix and allow to stand for approx. 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in 25g/1oz of the flour to coat the fruit and nuts evenly.
- Meanwhile, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the water, vanilla essence, salt, eggs and melted chocolate.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add fruit mixture to the batter and mix together thoroughly.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 25cm/10" clip sided ring tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F, 150°C, Gas 2 for 11/2 to 2 hours.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack.
- When cool, turn out of tin and remove lining.
- Decorate with mixed Shamrock nuts and cherries.
- Spoon over golden syrup or honey to glaze.
Cake will keep for up to 2 weeks, once wrapped tightly and stored in an airtight tin.