- Put the first nine Ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the grated apple, melted butter and alcohol. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and allow to stand overnight.
- Stir well again, then, transfer to sterilised jars. Cover with wax discs and seal the lids with jam pot covers or store in preserving/kilner jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
Shredded suet or vegetarian suet may replace the butter, just mix it in with the other dry ingredients.You can also add 125g/4oz Shamrock Cherries or 125g/4oz Cranberries, or both!
For more great Christmas Recipes from Odlums try our Classic Christmas Recipes book