- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When pan is hot, give batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto pan.
- Fry until golden brown, turn and fry other side until brown also.
- Stack crêpes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Mix the juice and rind of orange, juice and rind of lemon, caster sugar and Grand Marnier together in a jug.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan, pour in the juices and allow to heat gently.
- Place the first crêpe in the pan and give it a chance to heat through, then fold in half and then in half again to make a triangular shape. Slide this onto the edge of the pan, tilt the pan slightly so that the sauce runs into the centre. Then add the next crêpe and repeat.
- Serve on warm plates straight from pan.
This sauce is sufficient for 4 crêpes.
Why not try some of our other tasty toppings : Shamrock Pecan Nuts, Shamrock Chopped Almonds, Shamrock Chocolate Chips 100g, Rowse Honey.