- Pre heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line 2 x 900g/2lb loaf tins.
- Put all the dry Ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the milk, malt extract, honey and sunflower oil.
- Add the liquid to the dry Ingredients and mix well. Leave to soak for about half 1 hour. Then spoon into the two prepared tins.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked through. After half 1 hour, cover bread with a sheet of greaseproof paper to prevent it getting too brown on the outside. Stick a knife into bread and if it comes out clean, the bread is baked.
- Turn out of tin onto a wire tray and allow to cool.
Variation: Bread freezes very well!
Delicious with butter or spread, ideally eat a slice a day.