- Preheat oven to 160 C/325 F/Gas 3. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Using the All-in-One Method put the flour, margarine, sugar, milk, eggs, fruit and mixed spice into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until all Ingredients are well mixed. Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth top with back of spoon. Place the walnuts on top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hours until well risen and a knife pushed into loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to remain in tin for about 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire tray to cool.
Note: If getting too brown during baking cover loaf with sheet of greaseproof paper.