- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, wheat germ, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Add the oil, milk, yoghurt and treacle, stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite wet".
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes, Pinhead or sesame seeds on top of dough before baking.