- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the treacle, butter and golden syrup into a saucepan over a low heat and melt.
- Put the flour and ginger into a bowl. Beat the egg and mashed bananas together.
- Add the treacle mixture and the egg mixture to the flour and mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake in centre of oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until risen and firm۪ to the touch.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto wire tray to cool.
- Serve as is or with whipped cream or maple syrup.
This bread freezes very well.