Use this master recipe to make eclairs, profiteroles or croquembouche.
- Place the butter in a saucepan with the water and bring to a steady boil until the butter has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, beating with a wooden spoon until a dough comes together.
- Place the pan back over the heat and beat the dough in the saucepan for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat once again and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Add a little of the beaten egg at a time until you have a thick consistency.