- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line bun tin or cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Put butter or margarine and sugar into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, ground almonds, lemon rind and water. Mix well.
- Finally, stir in the flour, then divide mixture evenly between the paper cases. Place ½ teaspoon of lemon curd on top of each one and roughly swirl in with the tip of a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cooling make the icing by placing icing sugar in a bowl and gradually stirring in the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you have a smooth thick icing. Mix in the rind and colouring, if used.
- Pour or spread onto cupcakes, add any decorations if liked and leave to set.
Check out our Chocolate Centred Cupcakes Here
Follow Odlums on Instagram.