- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease two flat baking tins.
- Make filling by beating all Ingredients together until smooth. Leave aside.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add the margarine and rub through with fingertips until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Combine the unbeaten egg and milk, add the orange rind and mix to a dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead. Divide dough in half. Pat or roll each half into a 23cms/9" round. Spread filling over half of each round.
- Fold each dough round in half over filling. Using a sharp knife cut each half round into 6 wedges and place on prepared tin.
- Brush top with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 to15 minutes until light golden brown. Transfer to a wire tray. Serve warm.
Orange rind can be replaced with lemon rind. Because of the filling these do not need butter or jam!