- Pre heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.Lightly grease a Pyrex dish or a small roasting tin.
- Put flour, nutmeg, if used, and sugar into a bowl. Rub in the margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Lightly beat the egg and milk together and stir into the dry Ingredients. Mix to soft dough.
- Empty the contents of tinned fruit into the prepared dish and spoon mixture over the filling; sprinkle with the sugar and bake for about 40 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve hot with custard, cream or ice cream.
Any tinned fruit of choice can be used, or fresh fruit in season, or frozen fruit defrosted!