- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a 20cms/8" tart tin.
- Sieve the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add sufficient water to mix to a dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and roll out to fit the prepared tin. Leave in fridge while preparing filling.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar and the apples and gently fry until slightly softened.
- Drain the apples and spread in the pastry case. Bake for about 30 minutes, then pour the liquid the apples onto the tart and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
Eat your Tarte Aux Pommes on its own or with cr̬me chantilly (whipped cream)!!