- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place wholemeal into a large bowl. Sieve in the Cream Flour, bread soda and salt.
- Rub the butter/margarine into the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix in the sesame seeds, pinhead, oatflakes, pumpkin seeds (if used) and walnut pieces.
- Add the buttermilk and mix to a soft dough. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
Delicious served with cheese or with carrot soup.