- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease and base line a 20cms x 27cms tin.
- Put the oatflakes, almonds, coconut and wheat germ onto a large flat tray. Toast or bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally , until lightly browned. Then, pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C/300°F/Gas 3.
- Put the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Pour liquid over the dry Ingredients. Add the dates, apricots and cranberries and stir well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Wet your fingers in cold water and press the mixture down evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until light golden brown. Cool for a 2 hours before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.
Note: If liked melt 100g of chocolate with 25g of butter and spread over the top.