- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Grease and base line a 22cms/9" round cake tin.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla essence into a bowl and beat until light in colour and well mixed. Stir in 4 tablespoons of the soured cream, finally, stir in half the blueberries with a large spoon.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake in central position of oven for about 50 minutes until risen, feels firm to the touch and springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire tray, remove the base paper and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing; beat the cheese, remaining soured cream and icing sugar in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- When cake is cold, spread icing on top and scatter on the remaining blueberries.
Cake will keep in fridge for a few days but bring back to room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. Cake can also be frozen un-iced!