- Make pastry by putting all the Ingredients into a processor. Buzz until a ball of dough is formed. Wrap in cling film and keep in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 25cms/10" quiche dish or equivalent.
- Gently roll out pastry and line the prepared tin. Prick surface of pastry well with a fork and place in oven while making the filling.
- Beat all the Ingredients for the filling together until smooth.
- Arrange the pear halves at intervals in the pastry case, then spoon over the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 40 to45 minutes.
- Serve with cream, cr̬me fraiche or ice cream.
If processor not available. Put the dry Ingredients into a bowl, rub in the butter and form into a ball of dough with the egg.