Using Odlums Cream Plain Super Flour, two slices of our soda bread contain 44% of your daily Vitamin D intake, 55% of your daily Calcium intake and 44% of your daily Folic Acid intake. Enjoy Odlums Super Flour as part of a varied, balanced diet and an active lifestyle.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir in sugar if using.
- Rub in margarine to resemble breadcrumbs, lifting mixture with fingertips to introduce air to the dough.
- Add milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and gently knead to remove any cracks.
- Turn the smooth side up and pat into a round shape. Place the dough on a floured tray.
- Cut a cross over the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40—45 mins. If the underside sounds hollow when tapped the loaf is fully baked.
- Turn out onto a wire tray. Cool completely before slicing.