- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease base and sides of a 7"/ 18cms square tin.
- Put the wholemeal, cream flour, bread soda, pinhead, bran and wheatgerm into a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine all the dry Ingredients.
- Add the honey and buttermilk. Stir well to form a dough.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth top with the back of a spoon dipped in water. Make a cross on the top.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
- Turn onto a clean tea towel and then turn up onto a wire tray to cool.
Bread delicious with either sweet or savoury food!!